Basic Objectives of DRNVJIRD
- To provide Vocational Training and skill development in Agriculture to rural poor
youth of farming community so as to equip them with the latest technologies in Agriculture.
- To develop confidence in trainees so as to enable them to take up own farming in their respective villages as a livelihood and help other farmers of the villages as model farmers.
- To develop appropriate curriculum based on the available literature such that the trainees get thorough knowledge and practice in the current and advanced agricultural technologies.
- To establish and conduct classes for the trainees/ students in the field of crop production, seed production, integrated nutrient, pest and disease management.
- To undertake, promote, guide in the area of agricultural practices in the field of water, nutrients, pests and disease management.
- To provide hands on field training by integrating with class room teaching in crop production and seed production.
- To act as a clearing house of information not only in research but in all agricultural matters related to the curriculum and best practices in the Agricultural Industry.
- To collaborate with institutions, organizations, associations and societies and service organizations interested in similar objects.
- To establish and maintain a research and reference library based on the objects of the institute and furnish with books, reviews, magazines, news papers and other literature pertaining to agriculture.